This cocktail is a great example of a modern day Piscotini — a family of Peruvian Pisco cocktails that rival the classic Martinis and Cosmopolitans.
As recommended by Gaston Acurio, all you need is some coffee infused Pisco, simple syrup, and lime juice to enjoy a truly aromatic and refreshing cocktail.
At once sophisticated and caffeinated, this cocktail is best served in a Martini glass — shaken, not stirred.
- 3 oz. coffee infused Pisco
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- To make the simple syrup, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 3 tablespoons of water in a sauce pan, bring to a slow boil, and simmer until the sugar dissolves completely. Set aside to cool.
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 ice cubes and shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Strain and serve in a Martini glass.
One Martini glass.
For comparison, the photograph above shows the coffee infused Pisco in a Grappa glass, while the cocktail is in the Martini glass.